Co-operation between Serena Gianfaldoni and Dorit Kedar in the new multicultural project.
See Gianfaldoni’s site:
Dr Dorit Kedar, Founder of The Center of Inter-Religious Peace,Tel Aviv. Author of “The Book of Inter-religious Peace”
- Born in Israel in 1948 – Israel’s first year of existence to a native and a survivor of the holocaust from Austria.
- Raised in Ethiopia, Eritrea, Spain, Israel, Switzerland and the USA – exposed to the diversity of cultures and beliefs.
- Continuously striving to unify spiritual values and practice, philosophy and science, theology and art.
- Attempting to research, experience, reveal the wonderful common ground of all sentient beings – human, animal, vegetal.
- A: thinker, art critic, artist, writer, curator, lecturer, mystic… – part of the interlinked activities aiming to explore the Mystery of the Unknown within the concrete everyday reality.
The Center of Inter-Religious Peace, Tel Aviv.
- A personal modest apartment and art studio in the periphery of Tel Aviv with emphasis on a simple, nearly tribal design and direct raw beauty in warm Mediterranean pigmentation.
- A place functioning as a center of weekly encounters of students, who learn assiduously how to gradually decrease the gap between territorial static subjectivity and transient Reality.
- The center chooses to teach philosophies and beliefs which suggest the necessity to build an inner open minded temple in order to explore the Unknown.
- A place functioning as an animal shelter, helping stray sick animals to recover and live.
- A place of recreation and meditation for students due to the beauty of the partly wild partly organized garden made of randomly collected dying plants- revived, presents and purchase.
Letter addressed to the Dalai Lama Center for Ethics and transformation values, MIT
- Learning how to Become Tolerant giving up gradually the principle of cultural territorial pertaining.
- Understanding the unison of all sentient beings manifested by grasping ONENESS as PLURALISM>
- Enhancing the multi-cultural and inter-religious studies by daily PRAXIS
- Usage of the arts as a unifying factor and a trigger towards a better emotional understanding.
- Befriending the different by enhancing the capacity of active/passive contemplation
On The Book of Inter-religious Peace
The project of the Book has commenced more than fifteen years ago. It is relevant these days more than ever. We will attempt to describe the main ideas, which form the basis of the project, suggesting an alternative spirituality, the Inner Temple, for a new era. Few sources of inspiration: Kabbala, St Francis, Sufism, Taoism, Zen Buddhism, Toltec philosophy…
- Divinity is Infinity. Infinity, by nature, is transcendent and ungraspable.
- Divinity, as Infinity, cannot be explored by the principle of pertaining.
- Divinity may be experienced by the infinite and transient material phenomena.
- Divinity may be experienced by getting familiarized with the Unknown.
- Everything is dynamic, ever-changing mirroring the Great Mystery.
- As the essence of Reality is transient, awareness should be taught to refine the spirit of Becoming.
- Becoming versus pertaining, open-mindedness versus fixations lead to “knowledge” – that is compassion and tolerance.
- No person, no animal should be sacrificed or tormented on behalf of Divinity.
- Cultivation of continuous revelations may be enhanced by amplifying communication means with sentient beings.
- Cultivation of humbleness and perspective may be fulfilled if we stress the process of things, the infinite gamma of possible inter-lingkings.
More on Serena Gianfaldoni:
Visita il mio sito Serena Gianfaldoni
Direttrice Festival Nazionale delle Culture [festivaldelleculture.it]
Laboratorio di Ricerca Sociale Università di Pisa [dsslab]
Direttivo Nazionale Società Italiana di Sociologia [sois.it]
Presidente Culturae [centroculturae.it]