Some Ideas for the Inter-cultural Festival, University of Pisa
Under the direction of Prof. Serena Gianfaldoni.
- We actually see only what we know: our senses are channeled according to our beliefs, geopolitical and cultural context, social and economic habits…
- So as to perceive Reality, we have to gradually cultivate and exercise the spirit of continuously becoming.
- To learn the Spirit of Becoming, we need to give up our automatic tendency to define, categorize, look for an illusory gestalt or a false idea of wholeness.
- We should attempt to comprehend sense and apply the laws of natural phenomena.
- The two basic laws are the state of being inter-connected and reverberation (the butterfly wing clap effect) of everything and everyone within space and time ad infinitum.
- The laws of natural phenomena are mostly based on two seemingly contrary aspects: Participation in the universal flux which constitutes the common ground; and acknowledgement of the distinctiveness, particularity, non-repetitive and one time characteristics of each living phenomenon.
- Cultivation of both participation (sharing) on one part and acknowledgement of distinctiveness on the other part require a refined attitude.
- The refined attitude may be compared to an alchemic transformation: We have to gradually abolish instinctive judgmental reactions, hierarchic fixations, and personal static preferences.
- The alchemic process is gradually enhanced by eradicating absolute truths in all disciplines. Instead, we may suggest following the life-force of adventure, playfulness, and revelations.
- The Life Force (Manna) of adventure, playfulness and revelations may grow where there is no ego-centrism, self-importance or unnecessary vanity.